THIRD PARTY TIME
A lot happening with POAP integrations this week:
- GitPOAP officially launched and held a painting party via POAP.art to celebrate. See this tweet for a time-lapse of the POAP.art canvas. The painting party livestream featured employees from GitHub and POAP's own Patricio Worthalter. Patricio talked a lot about the future and philosophy of the POAP ecosystem. ICYMI, watch the full recording on YouTube:
- KnownOrigin is launching a POAP integration that will allow artists to easily provide presale access to collectors who hold specific POAPs. Next week's newsletter will have more details on this exciting integration.
- POAP.in now allows users to group POAPs together as customized "topics."
IN THE NEWS
- Noox, a platform for minting on-chain actions as soulbound NFTs, completed a $2 million funding round, of which POAP was a participant.
- Entrepreneur wrote an article on "How to Build a Strong NFT Community" and included issuing POAPs for events (also in Spanish).
- LUXUO covered the opening of a BAYC-inspired restaurant, and the POAPs to be distributed at the opening.
- SUMA Wealth issued a press release on "the first NFT-enabled financial education certificate program," a program that intends to use POAPs.
- The Turkish crypto news platform Kripto Koin published a Web3 and metaverse glossary that included POAP.
- LendIt Fintech wrote a primer its one-day crypto educational workshop and described workshop leader Jacob Benson as an "avid POAP collector."
- POAP Community Calls are held every Wednesday at 11PM UTC in the POAP Discord. Last week's call had 1,068 listeners.
- More people advocating for POAPs via LinkedIn ("POAPs are the most undervalued NFT in Web3").
- Stani Kulechov, founder of Aave and Lens Protocol, tweeted about POAPs:
Free IRL events with POAPs! (new feature this week)
- NFTuesday LA meets every Tuesday in Los Angeles.
- Crypto Drinks meets monthly in Amsterdam.
- TuesDAO meets every Tuesday in London.
This list will be added to, and an effective way to gather event info TBA soon.
- Bitso, the leading crypto exchange of Mexico, dropped a POAP at a global offsite.
- The first Harvard-wide blockchain conference dropped a POAP.
- Richie Hawtin distributed another POAP at a gig in Lisbon.
- Infinite Objects distributed a POAP at NFC Lisbon:
- Ledger distributed a POAP for visiting the Ledger Villa at Bitcoin 2022 in Miami.
- The first Metaverse Meetup Sydney distributed a POAP via the Magic POAP Dispenser: