IN THE NEWS
- A press release for "the first book launch in the metaverse" (there was a POAP at the event) was picked up by multiple outlets, including Yahoo! Finance. CoinGape also published some interactive content for the book launch.
- Gate.io blogged about POAPs.
- Ad Age wrote about "agencies in the metaverse" and mentioned POAPs.
- NFTevening interviewed Lucas Verra of POAP.fr.
- The law publication JD Supra wrote about POAPs.
- The Greek arm of Harpers Bazaar published a delayed story on Metaverse Fashion Week and the Estee Lauder POAP.
- POAP Community Calls are held every week at 11PM UTC in the POAP Discord. Last week's call had 1,450+ listeners.
- Richie Hawtin and other artists discussed POAPs during a Twitter Space (timestamp 1:08:00).
- A yearlong snapshot of stats for the POAP app:
In honor of the Masters this week, let's hit the LinkedIns:
- From SXSW: the advertising firm Luckie posted a LinkedIn blurb and photos bragging about their use of POAPs at the event.
- The AHL team Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins wrote a detailed LinkedIn post on the elaborate and inventive ways they are distributing and issuing POAPs.
- A product manager at Tier Mobility, Deniz Başak Doğan, wrote a post about using POAPs and the value of NFTs.
- At the Non Fungible Conference in Lisbon, the first POAP was minted using the augmented reality platform OVR:
- Nike x MediaMonks dropped a POAP for attendees of a masterclass on building up communities in the metaverse. This was the third POAP in this series (one and two).
- Tinder dropped a POAP during a Twitter Space on women in Web3.
- There was a POAP for attendees of a Ledger x Playboy party in Lisbon during the Non Fungible Conference (NFC).
- Ledger also dropped a POAP for visiting their Lisbon Villa during NFC.
- There was also a treasure hunt for several POAPs at NFC:
- Campus Party, a worldwide conference/hackathon where thousands of hackers sleep in tents inside the venue for three days, dropped multiple POAPs.
- Deadfellaz x Neuno dropped a POAP at their Metaverse Fashion Week afterparty (tweet).
- SuperRare dropped a POAP for its top 100 collectors in March 2022. This is one of many POAPs dropped by SuperRare, including the SuperRare OG POAP designed by XCOPY.
- The Sandbox, a virtual gaming world, dropped a POAP during a live gaming party (tweet).
- There was a POAP for an "enterprise metaverse summit."
- There was a POAP at a L'Oreal event in Paris.
THIRD PARTY TIME
GitPOAP, the platform for memorializing software contributions with POAPs, is officially launching Thursday, April 7. There will be a painting party via POAP.art this Saturday, April 9, to celebrate.