This Week in POAP
The hottest news and updates from the POAP ecosystem.
- The Australian government published a paper on token mapping that discussed POAPs in an example highlighting "the distinction between a crypto token creator and a crypto asset issuer."
- The Business of Fashion covered (paywall) the ongoing trial between French luxury house Hermès and Mason Rothschild, and mentioned POAPs as part of a broader overview of the NFT and Web3 ecosystem.
- Nouns DAO approved a 15-month campaign at the largest all-season resort in Hokkaido, Japan. POAPs are a big part of the campaign, including proposed POAPs at high-traffic areas and a POAP treasure hunt.
THE PEOPLE WANT THE POAPS
Milestone achieved: the 100,000th POAP drop!
If you missed POAP Citizens episode #3, listen to the recording on YouTube. POAP's own Anthony Bertolino interviewed Mentor Palokaj, engineer at POAP. They get into Mentor's work at POAP and his many fascinating other projects, such as running a free VPN service... and the time he ended up on stage at the 2008 Olympics opening ceremonies with Jackie Chan 👀
During the live recording in the POAP Discord, there was a POAP for listening and a POAP for the top 10 finishers of a trivia game about Mentor.
- Mario Lopez's reboot of Puerto Rican boy band Menudo dropped another POAP during a virtual event.
- Vayner3 dropped a POAP during a Web3 talk from CEO Gary Vaynerchuck and Avery Akkineni.
- Cisco dropped a POAP at Cisco Live Amsterdam.
- The band Umphrey's McGee dropped another POAP, this time during a livestream show.
- AllHipHop magazine dropped a POAP at a pre-Grammy lounge party.
- Warner Music Mexico dropped a POAP for employees celebrating Día de la Candelaria.
- Happening now: POAPs at ETH TLV, and a POAP leaderboard for the top POAP collectors at the event.
- Tim Armstrong, CEO at Flowcode, dropped a POAP during a talk at the 4A's marketing summit.
- World of Women dropped a POAP to participants in their Artfest event.
- Vayner Sports dropped a POAP during an AMA with NFL player Ryan Jensen.
- MJM Graphic Design School in Paris dropped a POAP to visitors during an open house event.
- A POAP at a Web3 event in Berlin that featured "founders, investors, collectors, artists, builders, and other thought leaders in Web3."
- At Educon in Philadelphia, a POAP for people who completed the workshop "What in the World is Web3?"
- A POAP to commemorate a hike and a POAP to commemorate a ski trip!