This Is POAP
The hottest news and updates from the POAP ecosystem.
- Little Black Book interviewed experts from across the global advertising industry about marketing opportunities presented by "extended reality." The Chief Strategy & Information Officer at Wunderman Thompson discussed using POAPs to unlock additional value and token-gate.
- ONE37pm published an overview of the latest trends at ENS, including an interview with ENS Director Khori Whittaker. Whittaker discussed how ENS has used POAPs at events and how POAPs let people make their Web3 imprint in a fun and exciting way. Yahoo also picked up the story.
- Forbes published a piece on how blockchain tech might enable new, direct-to-consumer revenue streams for professional sports leagues. The last paragraph discussed how POAPs could be used during live broadcasts.
- Grit Daily interviewed the CEO of Living Opera to discuss "how Web3 can democratize access to opera and classical music," and she mentioned how POAPs could be used at live performances and given utility.
- Blockster interviewed a Decentraland community participant. When asked what they would like to see more, they said POAP booths.
- Sapphire Sport, a lead investor in POAP, completed a $181 million funding round.
THE PEOPLE WANT THE POAPS
THIRD PARTY TIME
More on ChainStory, mentioned in last week's newsletter.
ChainStory lets you flex your wallet's clout in the Web3 ecosystem, breaking up and visualizing on-chain activity into four categories: Culture, DeFi, Community, and Vibes. Their long-term vision is to serve as a permissionless identity and reputation primitive for digital citizens. With the POAP integration, wallets with POAPs earn a "Proof of Participation" achievement.
From the ChainStory team: "We believe POAPs serve as a strong signal of active involvement within the broader Web3 ecosystem, and very much correlate to one's identity and reputation. We're excited to incorporate POAPs into ChainStory and hope to continue closely working together." Follow ChainStory on Twitter @chainstory_xyz.
Other integration highlights:
- Newly designed POAP cards from IYK are now available (IYK tweet). The cards have embedded NFC chips that allow you to distribute POAPs.
- Connections incoming! POAP rolled out a new metadata search tool, poap.family. With POAP Family, anyone can input a POAP event ID number and see the POAPs that those collectors have in common. For example:
- Episode #3 of POAP Citizens will stream live from the POAP Discord next Monday, February 6. POAP's own Anthony Bertolino will interview Mentor Palokaj, the engineer at POAP who has led many initiatives including the development of POAP Kiosk and POAP Checkout.
- McCann Worldgroup dropped a POAP during a "virtual tech safari" metaverse experience:
- Sapphire Sport dropped a POAP during their annual meeting.
- KnownOrigin dropped a POAP to artists who beta tested their new "Creator Contracts."
- VaynerSports dropped a POAP at an AMA with mixed martial artist Josh Emmett.
- OVER dropped a POAP at the first digital gala in their metaverse.
- A POAP at the 2023 Nordic Metaverse Summit.
- A POAP at the Elite Wealth Advisory Symposium in Hollywood, Florida.
- A POAP at a Southwestern Law School lecture on "NFTs and the metaverse: foundational overview of entertainment transactions and litigation issues."
- A POAP at GRIT in Savannah, Georgia, a two-day conference celebrating innovation in business, tech, and the arts (tweet).
- An attendee of the Google Developer Experts Summit in Berlin dropped a "You Met Me" POAP.
- There was a POAP at the first meetup for ETHArauca.
- Rocket Pool celebrated 2,000 node operators with a POAP.
- A POAP at a blockchain meetup in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
- A POAP for seeing a favorite band live for the 200th time.
- A POAP at an awesome curling sesh in Berlin.