This Week in POAP
The hottest news and updates from the POAP ecosystem.
- Blockworks covered the launch of Bankless 2.0, which included a POAP drop. Bankless founder Ryan Sean Adams had this to say: “We used to manually email NFT claim links to our fans, but now they can claim Bankless POAPs in one click. We think superfan digital collectibles will be table stakes for creators ranging from Lex Friedman to Taylor Swift in a few years.” (Bankless tweet)
- Sotheby's interviewed Pussy Riot's Nadya Tolokonnikova about their journey into crypto, which included this quote: “In many ways, Pussy Riot was an early DAO – a loose and leaderless organization with a singular mission, many members and equality of decision-making in its ethos,” she says. “Back then, the only reward we could offer for participation was jail time. Now we can offer an NFT or POAP or maybe inclusion in a Sotheby’s sale benefitting reproductive rights.” (Sotheby's tweet)
- Vogue Singapore previewed Metaverse Fashion Week and mentioned the POAP they will be dropping at the event.
- Billboard published a piece on artists and digital collectibles and highlighted a successful use case of the musician Annika Rose dropping POAPs.
THE PEOPLE WANT THE POAPS
- POAP's own Nisita Tappata will be a speaker on a Web3 panel at the TechTO conference in Toronto on March 22nd.
- 🎈 This newsletter recently celebrated it's one-year anniversary.
THIRD PARTY TIME
- Tellie interviewed the artist and musician Felice LaZae about her latest album. LaZae discussed how she has incorporated Web3 tech, including POAPs and Tellie's no-code token-gating, into her projects (Tellie tweet).
- Beeple dropped a POAP at the grand opening of Beeple Studios (tweet with video of exhibit).
- Coinbase dropped a POAP at the "Coinbase Recharge Brunch" at SXSW.
- Johnnie Walker is dropping four POAPs at SXSW, based on collector's flavor profiles: Smoky, Spicy Fruity and Fresh (a tweet with video showing activation and Johnnie Walker tweet and tweet with more details).
- Porsche is dropping POAPs at an immersive art exhibit at SXSW (Porsche tweet).
- Hennessy teamed up with POAP Studio to drop a POAP commemorating the launch of the Web3 platform "H3NSY" (POAP Studio tweet on the partnership).
- There was a POAP for attending the Rolling Loud music festival, which featured artists such as Travis Scott, Future, Kevin Gates, Soulja Boy, Lil Wayne, and many more. The POAP was distributed with an IYK disc and LoudPunx NFT holders registered for the event using Tokenproof.
- Czech auto manufacturer Škoda dropped a POAP to commemorate International Women's Day.
- There were also POAPs on Women's Day Twitter Spaces hosted by Škodaverse and the World of Women (WoW).
- VaynerSports dropped a POAP during an AMA with their 2023 NFL draft class athletes.
- The Tim Ferriss NFT project Cockpunch dropped a POAP at SXSW.
- The Bankless POAP.
- The law firm Wolf Theiss dropped a POAP for completing their "Crypto Academy Refresher Course."
- WAGMI United partnered with English Football club Crawley Town FC to raffle off a special POAP via POAP Fun.
- Attendees of a LEB Oro Spanish basketball league game could participate in a "POAP Odyssey" and collect special "pivot" "pass" "dribble" and "dunk" POAPs.
- Central Saint Martins - University of the Arts London college dropped a POAP for students who completed a course on blockchain art and NFTs.
- RE/MAX dropped another POAP at an open house event.
- Richie Hawtin dropped a POAP at a show in Detroit.
- A POAP for attending NFT Bucharest.
- A Web3 community in Stuttgart dropped a POAP at their first meetup.
- A POAP for BTC Punks and learning about Bitcoin ordinals.
- A Star Wars fan club in South Korea is dropping POAPs to members who complete registration missions.
- Imagine LA, a nonprofit in Los Angeles working to end the cycle of family poverty and homelessness, dipped their toes into the world of Web3 and POAPs.
- Commemorating 20 years of family vacations with a POAP!