This Is POAP
The hottest news and updates from the POAP ecosystem.
- Women's Wear Daily wrote a long feature on Gmoney's latest drop for his 9dcc luxury fashion brand; t-shirts will come equipped with NFC chips that enable the owner to distribute a POAP and "create their own networks within the 9dcc ecosystem."
- ENS published a lengthy recap of the successful ENS x IYK x POAP collab at Devcon VI in Bogota that included some impressive data and fun personal stories.
- Fintech News Malaysia wrote about the upcoming Hong Kong Fintech 2022 conference and the POAP for the event.
- NYU's student newspaper covered a "metaverse bootcamp" held at NYU and the POAP for completing the two-day course.
- You can now watch Patricio's Dappcon Berlin talk,"four years minting soulbound tokens" on YouTube; yes, there was a POAP at the talk.
THE PEOPLE WANT THE POAPS
WalletChat's goal is to enable individuals and communities to connect in novel, Web3-native ways, starting with wallet-to-wallet messaging. This could allow interactions such as verifying a wallet owner before sending ETH or negotiating bids on OpenSea. As WalletChat wants to make their platform as accessible as possible, there is currently a web app, a browser extension, and an API/widget integration for dapps or wallets to integrate Web3 messaging.
The WalletChat platform also allows users to communicate with people who hold the same POAPs! Watch a quick walkthrough of the POAP integration below:
From the WalletChat team: "We love POAPs and own many POAPs. Say I've got a POAP from the ETHAmsterdam Hackathon. Wouldn't it be nice to message my fellow hackers after the event to partner up? We built the POAP integration with this utility in mind, as it is something we would love to use. POAP is one of the best examples of Web3 use cases in a social context. We believe this space is going to be huge and are stoked to be a part of it!"
As they scale, the WalletChat platform intends to continue connecting Web3 communities in a simple and secure fashion, and in ways that unlock new utilities. For more info, follow WalletChat on Twitter @wallet_chat.
THIRD PARTY TIME
Builders are the unsung heroes of the POAP ecosystem. Check out the POAP Directory for more info on third-party integrations.
- You can now view Welook Moments directly in the POAP app.
- POAP Community Calls are every Wednesday at 11PM UTC in the POAP Discord. Listen to last week's call on YouTube.
- Cheetos dropped a POAP to fans who wiped the cheese dust off their fingers and filled out an online Cheetos-related ballot.
- Johnnie Walker dropped a POAP for visitors of the Johnnie Walker Bar at an event in Miami.
- Smirnoff dropped a POAP at the same event.
- So did Moonpay.
- KPMG's Global Advisory Risk Group dropped a POAP.
- The Pace Gallery dropped a POAP at an exhibit for the painter Nina Chanel Abney.
- KnownOrigin dropped a POAP at the Adobe MAX Creativity Conference (and tweeted about it).
- Vayner Sports dropped a POAP at an NBA opening night watch party and a POAP at an AMA with NFL player James Smith-Williams.
- There was a POAP at a telecommunications award night in Spain.
- The POAP for completing NYU's metaverse bootcamp.
- Soho House Paris dropped a POAP at an NFT talk that got glowing reviews on LinkedIn.
- The Blockchain Student Group at IT University of Copenhagen dropped a POAP at their "Binance Academy World Tour" Web3 and metaverse talk.